Operational rolling stock
See below for our museum operational rolling stock
A Leeds Fowler 0-4-0 locomotive.
Original owner Fisons at Stanford-Le-Hope in Essex, put the loco to work at Avonmouth Docks near Bristol.
The shunter was declared surplus to requirements, and was stored in a siding until it was delivered to Hunsbury in 1998 for restoration.
Named Charles Wake in honour of former NIRT President and driver Charles Wake, who passed away in 2005.
LMS 10T Brakevan
London, Midland &. Scottish design brake van number 950061.
A FC Hibberd 'Planet' Diesel Hydraulic. Originally operated by Wiggins Teape Ltd of Sunderland paper mills. It was later transfered to the paper works at Cardiff in 1973, but when the rail traffic ceased, it was purchased by Track Supplies of Wolverton. The Hylton was delivered to Hunsbury in the early 1980s for preservation.
SR 10T Brakevan
Southern Railway design pillbox brake van number 56134.
Thomas Peckett 0-4-0 Steam locomotive.
This particular locomotive was supplied new in august 1951 to the Co-Opertive
wholesale society’s factory in Irlam, Manchester. On the closure of the rail system there in 1967 it was sold (along with sister loco 2131) to the Dunlop Rubber company and moved to its factory in Erdington, now the fort shopping centre. In 1974 it moved to Shackerstone for preservation.
Runner wagon converted from a former Ruston 88 locomotive.